Alta Vista Community,
We wanted to bring you up to date with the most recent information we have today regarding the recent Covid-19 case we had here on campus, which resulted in us suspending all services while we investigate with the help of the Tulare County Health Department. Here are the points of interest:
1. Once we contacted the health department, staff reviewed all of the video footage to see if we could find other possible contacts outside of the ones reported. The good news is that contact with others was very limited due to the plan we have in place, and we were able to keep the virus isolated for the most part. Once those potential contacts are identified, they will be referred to their primary care providers for possible testing as recommended by their physician.
2. All possible contacts are being referred to the Health Department to assist their investigation, and they will make the determination once they have all of the information. This is a long process and is not limited to just the school, all possible contacts outside of the school will need follow up as well.
3. Since we do not know the extent of the contacts on site, we took the precaution of closing the entire school to ensure the safety of the learning community. Though this is difficult in many ways, we are thankful students are not on campus at this time, and that the situation is isolated to a much smaller population than we would normally find.
4. We have been in direct contact with Dr. Haught who is the Medical Director for the Health Department, and she is supportive of our steps to date. She is in the process of assigning an investigator now, and follow up will be happening soon.
5. The Tulare County Office of Education received notification and they have provided guidance through their health department as well. They are working to identify various resources and courses of action for us to follow.
6. We have contacted Dennis Townsend, who is the Tulare County Supervisor for our area, and we await his response and recommendations as well. He will be a critical factor in helping us complete the investigation quickly and completely.
7. Sadly, we must cancel all promotion activities this week. However, we are most interested in celebrating our eighth grade students provided all of the conditions are determined to be safe for this type of event. Let us consider this event postponed for now, and we will reschedule as soon as humanly possible.
8. The Alta Vista Grab and Go lunch service will resume as soon as we are cleared by the health department to reopen this service. This is a critical service for all of us, and we wish to restart as soon as we can. We will ask the health department to assist us in finding a clear path to serve our community with hot meals and a healthy breakfast.
That is all we have for now, and encourage you to contact me at email@example.com and I will respond personally to any and all of your questions. Please be safe, be healthy, and be aware of any of the warning signs that indicate this illness.
Robert M. Hudson Ed.D.